Thursday, July 3, 2008

Getting ready for the 4th still



So here it is Thursday and I was going to spend the day cleaning and cooking for tomorrow but I ended up going with my husband to drop off the boys, get tires we went to lunch at Green Valley Grill. (I love that place it is soooo good) Well I have a lot of cooking to do tonight and cleaning, but tomorrow is going to be a kick back day and we will just kick back, BBQ and play games, maybe swim, eat, watch TV but more important love on my grandson Noah.


My son wanted a Tart so I figure I would just play around and see what I would come up with. Then I decided to make a cheesecake for my husband but I wanted to do something different so I made a caramel brownie crust.



3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 ground almonds


Filling
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar


Glaze


Heated peach jam
In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour; mix well. Press into an ungreased 11-in. tart pan with removable bottom or 12-in. pizza pan with sides. Bake at 300 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
For filling, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and heavy cream and beat until smooth. Spread over crust. Add fruit of choice and refrigerate.
Cheesecake crust

No comments: