Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Wonton soup

 


I picked up one of those huge bags of the cilantro chicken wontons from Costco. I knew I wanted to make soup with it but it wasn't for sure what I was going to do with the rest since it's a lifetime supply for Just the Two of Us. But I think I will be making the soup a few more times so it should have a package covered and I may actually have to get another one before they go off sale.

Next time I think I will get some mushrooms maybe some dried shiitake and soak them in boiling water for a little bit and then add them to my soup, even chopped up broccoli would probably be really good and baby bok choy would be great in it. I like the mushroom and baby bok choy together ideal. I only had a zucchini and garlic and a little bit of ginger in my refrigerator so I just threw those in. But it's really a tasty quick soup. Be great for a cold night and something fast and easy to make when you get off work. From start to finish this didn't take no more than 20 minutes to make.

6 cups chicken broth

1-2 T  soy sauce

1/2-1 t finally grated Ginger

2 chopped garlic cloves

I  added one finely diced zucchini to it since that's all I had. But if I would have thought about this ahead of time I would have added shiitake mushrooms and baby bok choy.

4 thinly chopped green onions

30 small Frozen wontons. I used the chicken cilantro ones from Costco. Any wontons would work.

salt and white pepper to taste 

Sesame seed oil

garnish with chopped cilantro.

Add the first six ingredients to your pan and bring to a boil, add your wontons and cook until they're done about 5 to 7 minutes. Add your salt and white pepper to taste.  Ladle into your serving bowl and drizzle a little sesame seed oil on top and garnished with some cilantro.

Enjoy!

No comments: