Saturday, November 5, 2022

Chicken Noodle Soup

 Went to Costco and picked up a rotisserie chicken, more out of habit because I use to buy them to make my dogs food with them. Well my husband ate the legs and I ate a wing then had all the chicken leftover. Since it is a cold day I figured it would be a good day for chicken noodle soup.

I should call this anything in the kitchen soup.




1 Tbl olive oil

1 onion, chopped

3 stalks celery, chopped

Leftover rotisserie chicken, chopped

1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables ( mine had corn, peas, green beans and carrots)

10 cups water (or chicken broth)

Better then bouillon chicken (add as much as you like, I like mine to have a rich chicken flavor so I add a few tablespoons)

Half a bag of egg noodles.

1 tsp Oregano

1 tsp basil

Salt and pepper to taste.

Heat olive oil in large pot, toss in onions and cook for a couple of minutes, add celery and cook for a few more minutes. Add remaining ingredients bring to a boil turn down pot and cook for 20 minutes.

If you're feeding a large crowd just up your water add more bouillon to it and the whole bag of egg noodles and more vegetables.

This is a really fast easy meal. My husband keeps talking about how good it is.

No comments: