Saturday, November 17, 2012

Banana Split Cake Delight.


Oh my, I can’t believe I found this recipe. I use to make this when my kids were little.

1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
½ cup butter, softened.
1 cup powder sugar
1 egg
4 bananas, cut in half lengthwise
1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple
1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened.
Cool whip
½ cups chopped nuts
                In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and ½ cup butter; mix well. Press in bottom of a 9x9 inch baking pan. Bake @ 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. Cool.

                In a small bowl, combine powder sugar, egg and remaining ¼ cup butter; beat until smooth. Spread sugar mixture on top of cooled crust. Place banana halves over sugar mixture. Drain pineapple. Reserve ¼ cup liquid. Sprinkle pineapple over bananas. In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup reserved pineapple juice and cream cheese; beat until smooth. Spread over pineapple. Top with cool whip and nuts. Chill over for a few hours or over night.

No comments: