Thursday, July 6, 2023

Rotisserie chicken salad

 

I purchased this new cookbook and I thought it would be a lot of fun to cook through the book and share some recipes with you all. I will not be sharing all of them because I think this is a great book that you would love to have one for your collection. I promised myself I wasn't going to buy anymore cookbooks,  but when I seen this one with this 14 year old kid on it (okay, he's not really 14, but when you get to my age they start looking younger and younger LOL) I flip through the pages and knew I had to have it. He's also on YouTube go check him out, I think you will love the recipes he shares. I can't wait to try more of the recipes in this wonderful cookbook.

As I was using my voice to text to put the ingredients here I realize I forgot the teaspoon of brown sugar, and the zested lemon, also the salt and pepper. Which is fine it tasted great without it.

Here is his rotisserie chicken salad recipe. I'm always looking for something to do with the leftover rotisserie chicken, I think I would buy a rotisserie chicken just to make this again.







2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken

  1 1/2 celery stalks, diced 

1/3 cup diced red onions

 1/2 cup mayonnaise

 1/4 cup sour cream

 1 tsp chopped fresh dill

1 teaspoon brown sugar

 juice and zest of one lemon, divided 

kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.

In a large serving bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, sugar, and 1 tsp of lemon juice. Mix well to ensure everything has been fully Incorporated

Season with salt and pepper to taste. Using a microplane grater great some lemon zest over the top before serving.

No comments: