Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sushi





Well I think I may have found a Sushi recipe I like. The rice is even good. I have made it before but I did not think it was that great. So I figure I would take the stuff I like in a Sushi Roll and add it to one roll. Everything is organic and hormone free and no food coloring added to the Tuna to make it bright red. It looks pretty and fools our eyes to look fresh but why not just use fresh fish and not add the dyes to our bodies. I mean come one we can save harming our bodies with all the sugar we put in it. Ha ha ha! Sushi is the only thing I make that is healthy. OK, there are a few items I make. The funny part is I really don't think I care for Sushi, I think I make it for Krisitne and David since they like it. This one seems to be a keeper they both liked it. I will post the recipe also.
Sushi Rice
INGREDIENTS:
2 1/4 cups Japanese sushi-
style rice
1 (4 inch) piece konbu dried
kelp (optional)
3 cups water
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
DIRECTIONS:
1.
Place rice into a large, deep bowl. Fill with cold water and rub rice together with hands until the water turns milky white. Pour off the cloudy water, being careful not to pour out the rice. Repeat 3 or 4 times until you can see the rice through 3-inches of water.
2.
Drain the rice in a fine strainer, then place into a saucepan along with konbu and water. Allow to stand for 30 minutes. Stir together rice vinegar, sugar, and salt until dissolved in a small bowl, set aside.
3.
Cover, and bring rice to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
4.
Scrape rice into a bowl; remove and discard the konbu. Stir in vinegar mixture until well incorporated and no lumps of rice remain. Allow to cool at room temperature. For a shinier appearance, use an electric fan to cool the rice rapidly.
Filling

8 sheets nori (dried seaweed
sheets)
just add what you like. I added fresh Tuna, cucumber, avacado and cream cheese.
You will need to keep your finger tips wet while you add the rice to the Nori sheets, then at one end add your filling and roll up. I lay my Nori on plastic wrap and the plastic wrap keeps it from sticking to my sushi mat.

No comments: