Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sugar Free Carob Chip Cookies

Ok, I am trying to cute sugar out of my diet, when you like to cook as much as I do you have to start coming up with your own recipes.My youngest son does not like these but my oldest son loves them. So far I think they are pretty good, I guess the real test will be when they are cold.

1 cup butter
1/2 cup Splenda
1/2 cup brown sugar splenda
2 eggs
2 tea. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tea baking soda
2 tea hot water
1/2 tea salt
2 cups Carob chip, mine melted in the heat so I had to cut them into chunks.

Preheat oven to 350
Cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Then stir in vanilla.
Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour and chips. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased baking pans, flatten because they will not spread.
bake between 10-12 minutes in preheated oven.

No comments: