Thursday, March 15, 2012

Green Jello

I have to work on Saint Patrick's Day so we will be celebrating tomorrow. I love Saint Patrick's Day!! My husband made a remark that some people act like it is a official holiday. I think any chance you get to celebrate with family and enjoy good food should be considered an official holiday. I just happen to be Irish so of course I'm going to go all out.


2 (15 ounce) cans pear halves
1 (3 ounce) package lime flavored gelatin mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons milk
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

           

In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup reserved pear juice to boiling. Pour over lime gelatin in a small bowl; stir until dissolved. Set aside. 
In a blender, blend pears until smooth. Fold pears and whipped topping into gelatin mixture. Pour into a mold. Chill until set, about 2 to 3 hours. 
Dip mold in warm water for approximately 5 seconds. Invert onto a serving plate

No comments: