Saturday, August 4, 2012

Cooking with my boys

Got off work a little early today so I decided to take my 16 year old clothes shopping. He is such a funny kid. He only wears red Converse high-tops, blue shirts and either black or denim pants. Now if I can only get him to wear a jacket this year. He also hates long sleeve shirts. Next week it will be my youngest I take shopping, I think I will have to take him shopping on a day I have the whole day off work because he is more of a shopper.
Anyhow, my son Jacob has been asking to make pretzels so over a month now so today I bought some french bread dough from work (because I knew I would not feel like making the dough) did you all know you can buy dough from most grocery stores. I stick it in the freezer and pull it out and let it rise when I need it. Anyhow, back to my pretzel. We don't just make plain pretzels,  we like to  stuff them. We had pepperoni, cheese (I put string cheese in mine) and pizza sauce. Brushed the top with an egg wash and added some salt and grated Parmesan cheese to the top. Baked then in a 400 degree oven until golden brown. I have to say they were really good.
Well I have been up since 1:45 so I think I am going to drag this tired body off to bed. Good night all.


*I hope you can understand my post, I am so tired I gave up trying to understand what I wrote.

No comments: