Friday, July 27, 2012

Quinoa Mango Salad








I went to our new farmers market at our mall the other days. It is still small and trying to catch on, I really wish more people would go visit it. Not only are the peopl e there super sweet but the stuff is really good. My husband got a burger there with jalapeno honey on it and it was so good. They have a few different types of infused honey that I cannot wait to buy the closer it gets to Christmas. I want to make gift baskets this year and add some of the honey to it.
Well back to the reason behind this post. I bought some dried mango there that was so good I had to go back and get a second bag before I went home so it would last me the whole week. She gave me a recipe to go with it and I am in the middle of making it now. So far the dressing taste really good, I just changed out the sugar to stevia.

1 cup quinoa
3-5 re-hydrated mango petals cut into small pieces
1/4 cup tamiari roasted almonds
2 Tginger (I only added a teaspoon, I like ginger but not to where it takes over the taste)

Dressing

1/8 cup sesame oil
1/8 cup olive oil
1 1/2 t stevia (I added three small packs)
1/2 t salt
dash dry mustard

Cook quinoa and cool. Add diced almonds, mango's and grated ginger. Add dressing and toss. Chill and serve

Note * I would do a little less dressing because I don't like my quinoa really wet. Maybe after it sets it will not be as wet. Also I think I would add a little Cilantro or italian parsley to it to give it a little more color. The taste is good so far and should be better after it has a chance to blend more.

No comments: