Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Crock Pot Cashew Chicken

 


















http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/2013/05/crock-pot-cashew-chicken.html
I made this crock pot Cashew Chicken today and it was really good. I changed it just a little. I will have to make it again since my husband started the crock pot a little early(2 1/2 hours) so the chicken is a little dry and not as much sauce. I think I will double the sauce next time. Up above it the link to the recipe I used and down below is my small change. Next time I will add celery and pea pods.


2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (About 4 pieces), cut into smaller pieces
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp ketchup
1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 small can water chestnuts
1 small can bamboo shoots.
1/2 cup UNSALTED cashews
I served mine with brown rice. I bet this would be good made with Tofu and not cooked as long.
Combine flour and pepper in resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken.
30 minutes before done add water chestnuts and bamboo shoots.
Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Add cashews and stir. I also added some more Cahews on top for added protein.

http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/2013/05/crock-pot-cashew-chicken.html
Copyright Favorite Family Recipes 2012



http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/2013/05/crock-pot-cashew-chicken.html
Copyright Favorite Family Recipes 2012
This recipe came from The Recipe Critic who adapted the recipe from 365 Days of Crockpot

No comments: