Friday, May 8, 2009

Fish Tacos

I would had posted pictures but they went too fast. My husband who does not like fish ate so many of these we had to hide some for the other. I made beef tacos also and these are the ones that went fast.

Beer Batter Cod

1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 lime, juiced
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1 teaspoon minced capers
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

1 quart oil for frying
1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
1/2 medium head cabbage, finely shredded

To make white sauce: In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt and mayonnaise. Gradually stir in fresh lime juice until consistency is slightly runny. Season with jalapeno, capers, oregano, cumin, dill, and cayenne.
Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Fry fish until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Lightly fry tortillas; not too crisp. To serve, place fried fish in a tortilla, and top with shredded cabbage, and white sauce.

2 comments:

My Crazy Family said...

I guess I should has said a box of frozen breaded cod. I have no idea if it was beer batter or not. I just picked up a box.

My Crazy Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.