Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Frozen Yogurt

I have been camping for the past ten days. We had two of our boys and three of their friends for seven of the ten days, then off and one two of my daughter, son, son-in-law and grandson came up to swim and join us for dinner, we had a blast. I am one who can't wait for camping trips to be over but I really want to go back. Anyhow back to the recipe and why we bought a ice cream make....Well we are going back camping the 4th of July and then we thought why not make our own ice cream while we are camping....then I thought okay lets make frozen yogurt so it will be a little healthy, if you notice my recipes I don't do a lot of healthy, I really did want to make this healthy but they I changed the recipe and did my own thing and I have to admit it is really good. :o)


2 cups  plain yogurt
2 cups pureed fresh strawberries
1 3/4 c whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
3 teaspoons vanilla extract

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in refrigerator freezer 2-4 hours before serving. Remove from the freezer 30-45 minutes before serving



1 comment:

The JR said...

I don't do camping. Luv being outdoors, but don't want to sleep there.

That frozen yogurt sounds good.