Friday, January 9, 2009

Waffles

I figure since I had nothing to do and felt like cooking at 10:00pm I would just make waffles for the kids in the morning. I really was just going to make plane waffles, then I thought I would just add chocolate chips to them. Well I did not have chocolate chips but I had mini peanut butter cups, so I threw those in the batter. I cooked one up and they ate it and said it was good. So I started thinking....that is not good for me when I am cooking because the next thing you know it is five hours late and I can feed the whole neighborhood. LOL Well it was not that bad this time. I added peanut butter to the batter and let me tell you they were really good.
So I thought what else can I do....I love anything pumpkin so there I went. I made a new batter up and we all know pumpkin has to be sweet. So I added brown sugar with it a long with all my favorite spices. I love Nutmeg, I add it to anything I bake.
So here it is Friday night and I have Saturday breakfast done. I hope to get the house clean early and head to the beach tomorrow. Where else but California can you go to the beach in January.


Pumpkin Spice Waffles

Peanut Butter chocolate chip waffles

No comments: