Thursday, May 3, 2012

Quick throw together meal (Stir-Fry)

I have one super picky kid, he hates just about everything besides white rice, pasta and veggies. So to get him to eat  I will make a quick stir-fry.
Our favorite is beef with asparagus. You cannot go wrong with any veggies you want to toss in. It is such a fast weekday meal.
(I get my rice started before I start my stir-fry.)


 Heat some oil in pan and throw in some cut up chicken breast and onions. Cook until just about done.
Chop up some bell peppers

Broccoli

 and I like to add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and baby corn. I toss all this in with my cooked chicken and cook until veggies are cooked juse a little. I like my veggies more on the crunchy side. Add a couple teaspoons cornstarch to the chicken broth and a few teaspoons soy sauce and mix well. Add to the veggie chicken mixture and cook a few minutes until the broth is thicken. Serve over brown rice if you like.

 

No comments: