Sunday, May 6, 2012

Somethings I learn over and over


Something’s I have learned over and over and still forget every time. 

I love jalapeno peppers. I use them in a lot of my cooking. There are a few recipes I make where I use a lot of peppers in. I can chop a small amount up with no trouble at all but when I chop up a lot of peppers I always have problems with my hands swelling and the sting is horrible, sometimes it takes a few days for it to go away. But I am willing to suffer for the cause of having fresh homemade salsa. .

So here are a couple of things I have learned over the years, it is funny how I always forget these things until it is too late.  

#1 use gloves when chopping jalapeno peppers
#2 when chopping onions after chopping jalapeno peppers do not rub your eyes if the tear up from the onions.
#3 When you do not wear gloves your hands will swell and sting all night long.
#4 putting your hands in hot dish water only makes them sting more.
Let’s hope I remember these things when I go to make my Jalapeno jelly.
So once again I do not use a recipe for my Salsa/Pico de Gallo.

Tomatoes
Cilantro
Onions (I used white this time)
Garlic
Jalapeno (I used red and green this time)
Cumin
Salt and pepper
Chop everything fine and mix together. Let sit for a few hours or over night.

No comments: