Thursday, July 10, 2008

Canning

So we got some fruit off of our new Apricot and peach trees, not a lot and they are not brand new trees, we planted them last year. We have gotten fruit off them since the end of My but this time they were all ripen so we had to pick them all. I did not want them to go to waste so I got out the canning jars.

I made some Apricot Jam and then mixed peach and Apricot and made a jam with the mixture. I also made some peach syrup. It is weird because it is red, I have never made jam that was red or red syrup.

It is either my taste buds acting weird or no one else can taste it. I taste garlic with the jams. They were cooked in different pans and I am the only one who can taste it.

I added a picture of something sweeter then jam on my blog. He just makes Grandpa and Grandma's day when he comes over Uncle Jacob's also. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those look so good!! The baby is a cutie!


I am stopping by to invite you to participate in the first edition of the The Carnival of Home Preserving that will be posted at Laura Williams' Musings on Monday July 14th.

http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2008/07/introducing-carnival-of-home-preserving.html

It is a Carnival to Share Recipes and How-To's for Canning, Freezing, Dehydrating (drying), and Root Cellaring of Fruits, Vegetables, and Herbs.


Deadline to Submit: every Sunday at 2pm EST

Carnival is to be posted by that Monday on the respective Host's blog.



Link To Submit Post: Blog Carnival Submission
http://blogcarnival.com/bc/submit_4663.html

Everyone is welcome to join in.