Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cheeseball


I have been making this cheese ball since about 1983, it is the only recipe I use. I love it. Once you make your own and find one you really like you won't want to buy those hard ones you get around the holidays.
This cheese ball can be made three different ways with pretty much one main recipe, just split it into thirds and then you can add a little to each one. I just realize what I did wrong, oh well I think even my husband will like it since it does not had the right amount of blue-cheese in it. My husband hates blue cheese. I only made one recipe and it was the blue cheese so I should had added 1 1/2 cups blue cheese.
1 8 ounce cream cheese
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 T milk
2 T grated onion
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1/2 C crumble blue cheese
3/4 t garlic powder
1/4 C snipped parsley
2 T chopped pecans
2 T cracked black pepper
Let cream cheese and cheddar cheese come to room temperature till softened. In mixer bowl cheeses, onion, milk, Worcestershire sauce; beat with electric mixer till fluffy. Divide mixture into thirds, to one portion beat in blue cheese; to a second portion stir in the garlic powder. Shape each portion into a ball; chill 30 minutes till slightly firm. Roll the blue Cheese in parsley (I roll mine in the nuts) roll garlic in pecans, roll the plain in the better. Chill at least one hour and serve with crisp crackers.

No comments: