Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chocolate Truffle Cookies | Online Video Cooking School

I won a lifetime online cooking school through Rouxbe. I thought I would share one of their recipes for Valentine's Day. GO over and sheck them out I think you will really want to join. When I seen the contest I was so excited and even though I have been cooking for a long time I really was wishing I would win. My 14 year old son wants to be a chef so I knew it would be perfect for him also. I cannot wait to get started with him. I already know the first thing we are going to make. :o)
Make sure you go over to http://www.rouxbe.com/ and check them out.

Chocolate Truffle Cookies
by Dawn T in Rouxbe Certified
These are the best chocolate cookies I have ever eaten! They are rich...decadent...and simply unforgettable!
ServesAbout 2 dozen
Active Time1 hr
Total Time8 hrs

Step 1: Melting the Chocolate and Butter
1/2 lb bittersweet chocolate*
3 tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature)
Finely chop the chocolate. Melt it on low heat over a double boiler. Remove from the heat and add the butter. Mix until melted and evenly combined.
*Note: The better the chocolate, the better these cookies will be. I use a chocolate that is around 70% cocao.
Related Tips & Techniques
How to Read Labels on Chocolate

Step 2: Beating the Eggs
2 large eggs
1 tbsp honey (preferably blackberry honey)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
Beat the eggs with a mixer and slowly add the sugar and honey until light and the mixture falls in thick, smooth ribbons, about 10 minutes.

Step 3: Folding the Eggs into the Chocolate
Gently fold one third of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture until just combined. Then gently fold in the remaining two-thirds"

Recipes continues below

No comments: