Sunday, February 7, 2010

Senior Luncheon

Let me start by introducing you to some of the sweetest people you will ever meet. We love these people and they are so dear to our hearts.

John and Molly Lukenoff, what a wonderful couple, they are a blast to talk to and spend time with.
Barbara Haffner. Barbara is so sweet and kind.

Tacey Burgher, she is a sweetheart and the best Sunday school teacher in the world.

Homer and Tiny Mauldin. Such a sweet couple. Homer brings gum every Sunday and passes them out. They are so wonderful.
Terry and May and their son David. They are new to our church. I still do not believe Terry is as old as he says he is I think he just wanted to eat lunch with us. LOL
Getting the table set up
White cake with berry filling and whip cream frosting

Making cookies for the boxes I put together for them
The cookies I made were the perfect fit for the boxes
Boxes wrapped and ready

What they looked like on the table

I figured a lasagna would be good to make for a big crowd. I don't make anything a normal size, I have about nine pounds of cheese in this, 4 Mexican blend, Colby and Jake and Mozzarella, about three pounds of ground beef, two pounds of Italian sausage and another 2 pounds of hot Italian sausage. 2 large onions chopped and cooked with the meat along with about 8 cloves of garlic. Lasagna noodles and I used 2 large (costco) jars of Ragu. I put it together the night before and baked it in a 375 degree oven for about 75 minutes.I cheated and bought garlic read from Costco along with bag salad with all the dressing and toppings, cranberries, feta cheese and chopped almonds.

No comments: