Saturday, August 14, 2010

Facebook | Chai Tea


"Everyone who knows me knows I love tea and hate coffee and soda. So since summer forgot to come here this year I am really in the mood for Autumn more and more. So I decided to make my own iced Chai Tea today. I do not meause but I will try to guess, just add what you want you can't go wrong. I used suger in the boys and sweet and low in mine. I also used 2% milk in theirs and 1/2 & 1//2 in mine since it only had one carb.

2 Cinnamon sticks--ran though a coffee grinder that has never been used for coffee.
1/2 nutmeg ran though the grinder, both should be broken up into small pieces go not ground to powder, I will post a picture
about 10 Cardamon seed
about 10 whole cloves
1 tsp Ginger Cracked Pieces
4 tsp good black tea (loose, not those cheap tea bags)
2 cups Milk

Combine all the spiced, in 4 cups water and bring to a boil. Turn down to low and simmer for 10 - 12 minutes. Add black tea leaves and simmer for another 3-5 minutes add milk and heat until hot but do not allow to boil.
Run through a fine mesh strainer. Keep the spices and add them to a pot of water and simmer, it will make your house smell good. :o)
Add sweetner and either drink hot or add ice to glass for iced chai."

No comments: