Friday, August 6, 2010

Sweet Chipotle Snack Mix Recipe - MyRecipes.com

So we are low carbing it right now and I seen this posting on one of my blogs and thought I would give it a try. I would either leave the sugar our or replace it with splenda to drop the carb count even more. Once I get it made I will post the picture.
Come on over to my facebook page and join my food blog there. I have some stuff on that one that I have not posted on this blog.

www.facebook.com/pages/sprils-home-cooking/112189978816473?ref=sgm

1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 large egg white
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup unsalted cashews
1 cup unsalted pumpkin seed kernels
Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
3. Place egg white in a large bowl; stir with a whisk until foamy. Add the almonds, cashews, and pumpkin seeds; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with spice mixture; toss well to coat. Spread nuts in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes, stirring once. Turn oven off. Remove pan from oven; stir snack mix. Immediately return pan to oven for an additional 15 minutes (leave oven off). Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack; cool completely. Store snack mix in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Nutritional Information
Calories:130
Fat:9.7g (sat 1.4g,mono 5.8g,poly 2g)
Protein:4.5g
Carbohydrate:7.3g
Fiber:1.1g
Cholesterol:0.0mg
Iron:1.1mg
Sodium:175mg
Calcium:23mg"

No comments: