Saturday, July 9, 2011

















I have a four week study going on with my sunday school class and the subject is watchdogs so I figured why not make treat bags for them. I can't wait to see the look on their face when they open their bags of dog bone. LOL Well shortbread dog bones that is. :o)

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in flour and mix well. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 3 minutes. Pat into a 1/3-in.-thick rectangle measuring 11 in. x 8 in.
Cut into 2-in. x 1-in. strips. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Prick with a fork.
Bake at 300° for 25 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.





3 comments:

The JR said...

I'm sure they are going to luv them.

My Crazy Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Crazy Family said...

I told them they were short bread so they were fine. LOL
I saved some for my grandson and he was all ecited grandma gave him dog bones to eat. LOL He is only three.