Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Banana Bread


I love banana bread, I am always on the look out for new recipes to try out. Today I made three different loaf breads and I wish I could say I followed them to the T but for some reason I have a hard time not adding my own twist to it.
This loaf baking happened because I went to IKEA and found some thinner loaf pans so I had to use them, now I need to go back and pick up some more. The ones I have are too wide and they make my loafs look too wide.

Check out http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/banana_Bread/ for this yummy recipe.
I was good and only added two small ingredients to it.

2-3 very ripe bananas, peeled
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tea baking soda
1 tea cinnamon
1/2 tea nutmeg
pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 tea vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350 and spay a loaf pan.
In a mixing bowl mash bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir in melted butter, mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla. Mix in the flour.
Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes to one hour or until tester comes out clean.
Let cool in pan for a few minutes, remove from pan and cool completely before serving.
 When you slice into a warm loaf of banana bread and it taste good you know it is a great recipe. Banana bread is always better when you wrap it and let it sit a day or two but this one was good warm. Give it a try and let me know what you think. I added the cinnamon and nutmeg to mine and the extra 1/4 cup sugar, head over to simplyrecipes.com and check out her recipe.

No comments: