Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Raspberry Cheesecake Loaf


I picked up some fresh raspberries from Costco and also had a 8oz block of cream cheese so I figured I would put them to good use. I did eat some of the raspberries fresh yesterday and at least I was a little good. The loaf is cooling right now, I cannot wait to see how it turns out. 
My son is eating my Cranberry lemon loaf I made for church tonight so I might have to go hide it.

Hope you give this a try and come back and let me know what you think.

2 cups flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
zest of three large lemons
Small container of fresh raspberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 c room temperature butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
Juice of the three large lemons and then enough milk to make 3/4 cup

8 oz Cream cheese
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1 cup powder sugar

Mix cream cheese until smooth, add in egg, vanilla and powder sugar and mix until smooth, set a side.

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a loaf pan and set aside.
Mix milk and lemon juice together and set aside.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in lemon zest, and nuts, set aside.
Cream, butter, sugar, and egg together until smooth. Mix in lemon/milk mixture .Stir in four mixture just until moistened. Gently stir in Raspberries. Pour 3/4 batter into prepared pan, take a spoon and make a long hollow indent/ canal in the center of the loaf, I added my cream cheese mixture into a pastry bag, you can use a Ziploc bag or spoon, fill canal with a really good amount of cream cheese (depends on how much you like) take the remaining batter and evenly put along loaf, use a spoon or offset spatula and smooth around sides, when it bakes it will cover the cream cheese.
Bake for 1 hour or until skewer inserted away from the cream cheese mixture comes out clean. Let sit in pan for about 20 minutes, then turn onto wire rack to cool. It is very important this cools completely otherwise the cream cheese will ooze out.
This loaf was just something I made up at the last minute, will let you know how it turns out.

Update,
The flavor is really good and moist, I think it is because the cream cheese got adsorbed from the loaf batter. Once it cools completely I will take a picture of the middle of the loaf. I have been using my cell phone and not my camera because I am too lazy to get my camera out. 😊

No comments: