Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Orange Cranberry Loaf Bread

I started Keto up again for health reason so I told myself I would not buy any more flour or sugar, well really it was butter or sugar when I ran out but I need butter for Keto. Well as you can see that did not last long, I don't care what anyone says, I have not tasted a good Keto bread or dessert recipe yet. If you have one post it below and I will give it a try. I just don't like the taste of fake sugar in desserts.  I only drink Sweet and low in my ice tea but hot tea has to have sugar.  For those  of you who know me know I am weird. 😀
So anyhow, back to my loaf bread. I seem to be on a loaf bread kick right now. I bought some fresh cranberries and wanted to do something different besides my Cranberry bar recipe. http://aprilshomecooking.blogspot.com/2008/11/cranberry-bars.html (These are really good)
 So I decided on a range Cranberry Loaf. I will admit the cranberries are a little tart for me so next time I think I will chop them a little before adding them to the flour, I just wanted those whole cranberries in the loaf so it would look pretty. 
Give it a try and let me know what you think.

2 cups flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
zest of two large oranges
1 1/2 cups cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 c room temperature butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup orange juice (juice of the two large oranges)

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a loaf pan and set aside.
Whisk together our, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in orange zest, cranberries and nuts, set aside.
Cream, butter, sugar, and egg together until smooth. Mix in Orange juice.Stir in four mixture just until moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Let sit in pan for about 15 minutes, then turn onto wire rack to cool.

No comments: