Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Just Call Me The Cookie Monster

I have some coworkers coming for dinner tonight, I went to Costco to pick up a pumpkin pie but it did not feel right not making a dessert so I figured I would make some cookies. I bake cookies at least 3-4 times a week, the funny thing is they are probably the one thing I am not that crazy to bake. It could be because at work we would make cases of them.
Here is a fun easy recipe for chocolate chip cookies.I like to stuff them with either Oreo or caramel and these ones are stuffed with Dulce de Leche, I could eat this stuff with a spoon. 😃

Give them a try and let me know what you think.

1 cup butter, soften
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda mixed with 2 teaspoons hot water.
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 bag mini M&M's
1 can Dulce de Leche

you can add nuts, toffee bits, or leave out the M&M's and add another cup of chocolate chips, or chocolate chunks. You can stuff it with a marshmallow, shopped up pretzels. Make it yours, add what you like. Chopped up candy bars. Take a picture and come back and share it with us.

Preheat oven to 350
Cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add to batter along with the salt. Stir in the flour and add chocolate chips, and M&M's or anything you like.
drop by teaspoon, on a lined cookie sheet I use a cookies scooper, the thing that looks like a ice cream scooper but smaller.
I put six on a cookie sheet, I put a indent with my finger in the middle of the cookie and fill with Dulce de Leche, then grab a small amount of cookie dough and cover the Dulce de Leche completely up.
Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are nicely brown.

I hope you give this a try and come tell me what you think.


No comments: