Thursday, November 11, 2010

Coach's Oatmeal

For some reason I can no longer get photos to upload on my blog. It was fine until they updated the blog. Anyhow if you would like to see photos go to April's homecooking on Facebook.I won a few packages of Coaches oatmeal and figured I would try them this morning for breakfast. I will admit I am not a huge oatmeal person, I hated it growing up. But my eleven year old loves oatmeal so I make it a few times a month, I am trying to make it a lot more since it is so good for you.Well back to coaches Oatmeal. it was really, really good. When I make pumpkin Oatmeal with other brands it can get a little slimy, it was not that way at all with the Coaches.  I hope they sell it in stores out here otherwise I am going to have to hunt it down on line.
Here is the recipe that came with it.
1/4 cup Coaches Oatmeal
1/2 banana
1/4 cup pure pumpkin
 spices amount to your liking
cinnamon
nutmeg
ground cloves
allspice
ginger
Cook oats and banana as directed. Once oatmeal is cooked add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Top with your favorite toppings. I add brown sugar splenda (I mix it in with the spices) I also like dried cranberries and pecans. If I had banana chips I would add those also.

No comments: