Thursday, October 20, 2011

Crazy cake

I was making a cake for a friends son's birthday and wanted to do something a little crazy. I had done a rainbow cake before and the got me thinking about tie dye cakes. That is how this came about. I am going to make an orange, black and green one for Halloween.

All it is is white cake mix made as directed with a little less water.
The color food coloring you like

I mixed the white cake mix up first, then added batter to different bowl in which I added food coloring.
In my prepared pans I layered each color in the pan and when I was done I slightly took a knife to the batter and swirled it to mix them just a little. It looks like a normal cake and then you slice into it and WOW!

2 comments:

The JR said...

Very pretty! I'm sure he appreciated it very much.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful cake to cut into!