Thursday, October 6, 2011

Paula Deen Caramel Corn

I have not made this yet but hope to soon, I figure my blog was the best place to keep it until I was ready to make it.
I use to have a really good recipe but the pages of the cookbook have fallen apart and that page is gone. It was from a cookbook I got from my Mother-in-law when she went to Orville. It was one of those church sale cookbooks. It had a green cover is all I remember, it was about 27 years ago.


1 cup butter
2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda

 

Over medium heat, combine first four ingredients and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Stir well. Pour over 8 quarts popped corn. Stir to coat well. Bake in large roaster or pan at 200 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to dry.

 

1 comment:

The JR said...

When I read the title, I thought of that orange/yellow candy.

I can do this!