Sunday, September 23, 2018

Pound Cake with liquid Cherry Gold

This is why I suggest you add half the
batter in the 1/2 the cherry batter, so it
will swirl all the way through,

Okay, I am just kidding it is not gold. But I was making a recipe my youngest son Daniel shared with me and found some jar cherries at Trader Joe's in a heavy syrup and knew I had to save it and use it in a up coming recipe.
I had some strawberries that needed to get used up so I went to work making a pound cake. I poured the leftover cherry syrup into a small amount of batter it is in the oven right now so I am not sure how it is going to turn out but I will let you know

I pretty much bake every day it is the taking pictures of the baked goods that I forget about. I hope to set up my camera soon and start video recording them and setting up a Youtube page one day.

This morning I brought over to church a coffee cake, apple strudel and spice cookies. Tonight I am bringing over a pot of soup and pound cake, strawberries and fresh whipped cream. I bet everyone can't wait until I go back to work so I will stop baking.

Here is the pound cake I made, give it a try and let me know what you think. You do not have to use the cherry syrup, just leave out 1/3 cup of flour if you don't use it.
his is a very dense cake because of the cream cheese.

This is the cherry syrup I used
1 8oz package cream cheese
1 1/2 cups butter
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
3 1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
Cherry syrup, I did not measure, it was just what was left over I would say about 1/4 cup

Preheat oven to 325, grease and flour a tube pan or bread pan. Or better yet just spray with with spay that has flour in it.
In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 3 cups flour all at once on low speed and mix in, add vanilla. Pour 1 cup of batter into another bowl and add cherry syrup and the other 1/3 cup flour and mix until combined, if you use bread pans this will make two. Pour half of the batter into which either pans you use, the add 1/4 of the batter to each pan or 1/2 of the batter if you are using a tube pan. Swirl cherry batter through first batter you put into the pan. Pour on remaining pound cake batter and then the remaining cherry batter on top and swirl through again.
Bake got 80 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

No comments: