Friday, September 14, 2018

Banana Pecan Bread

Hello Bakers,
I bake pretty much everyday, I just forget to blog everyday. I bought myself a little camera so I could start recording my baked goods but so far it has just sat in the box it came in, I also intended to take photos of this banana bread but I guess I get so excited about baking I forget about it until it is too late. One of these days I hope to get it together.
I had a few bananas that were screaming to be baked and I knew I was going to try another recipe and add my own wist to it, I for some reason can never seem to make the same recipe when it comes to banana nut bread. I have a great recipe for whole wheat banana nut bread that I use to make many, many years ago, maybe I will try to see if I can find it. 
A few years ago I made a cranberry cake with cream cheese mixed it the batter and it was really good so when I seen this recipe I had to try it and I just changed it a tiny bit. 

Give it a try and and come back and let me know what you think.

3/4 cup, soften butter
1 8oz package cream cheese, soften
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed rips bananas
1 tea vanilla
3 cups flour
1/2 tea baking powder
1/2 tea baking soda
1/4 tea salt
1/2 tea cinnamon
1/4 tea nutmeg
2 cups chopped pecans, divided

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Fold in one cup chopped pecans.

Our into two greased 8x4 inch loaf pans. Sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans. Bake loaves, covering with foil if they darken too quickly for 60-75 minutes until toothpick inserts comes out clean. Cool loaves for ten minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before slicing. I like to wrap mine and let it sit until the next day or freeze one loaf for a later use.



Enjoy,

No comments: