Saturday, September 1, 2018

Dutch Apple Cheesecake bars.

Hello everyone,

It has been a crazy year for me. Went out of work three months later then my doctor advised me to for my hands and then in March of this year I had surgery that had some problems with healing so now I am trying to learn to get by with one hand. My right hand is my worse but my surgeon does not think I should get it done, so hopefully I will have use of my right hand for a long time still.
 Typing takes a little longer with one hand and cooking takes double the time but I am still trying to cook for as long and I can.
So I thought it is about time I breath a little life back into my blog. If I am not cooking, looking through cookbook then I am making up recipes. I have a recipe on my blog for Cranberry bars that everyone who tries them loves, I have changed them up a few different ways and today I have a few more ideas floating around in my head. But today I decided to make the base for my Cranberry bars and then I was going to just add can apple pie filling to it since peeling apples are one thing I know I cannot do. well, this got me thinking about other things I could also try and this is the recipe I just threw together, Enjoy, let me know what you think of them if you make them.

Checkout my cranberry bars on my blog also while you are here.
http://aprilshomecooking.blogspot.com/2008/11/cranberry-bars.html

Preheat oven to 350




Crumb base

2 cups flour
2 cups old-fashion oats
l
1.5 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 tea. baking soda
1/4 tea salt
1/2 tea cinnamon
1/4 tea nutmeg
1 cup, unsalted butter melted.

Mix together  all ingredients  in a large bowl. Pat a little more then half the mixture in a 9x13" pan and bake for ten minutes, set aside the rest of the mixture.

Cheesecake base

16 ounce cream cheese, soften
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tea. vanilla

2 cans apple pie filling

Mix cream cheese and sugar together in a mixer until well blended, add eggs, milk and vanilla.
Pour cheesecake base on top of baked crust, Pour apple pie filling on top of cheesecake base and top with remaining crumb mixture and bake for 40-50 minutes until cheesecake is set and crust is golden brown.












No comments: