Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Tropical Banana Bread


  • I've had some bananas I needed to use up so it got me thinking of banana nut bread. I have a blog I follow so I thought I would try one of her banana nut bread recipe, my taste buds have been really weird for the past month so not sure if it is me or the recipe, my husband thought it was good. But anyhow it got me thinking about banana nut bread, then I seen the macadamia nuts I had left over and then my imagination took off and that is where this bread came from. Let me know if you try it and what you think. 
  • I think these would make great muffins.

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 bananas, mashed
  • 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1/4 cup coconut
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted

  • Topping
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease loaf pan
  2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. mix in melted butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over loaf.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 56-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.

No comments: