Sunday, September 23, 2018

Coffee Cake



 I thought I wrote a blog for this recipe yesterday and I went looking for it and it was not to be found, then I remembered I did not like the way the photos turned out.
I found one slice left over so I took a quick photo with my phone.




1 1/2 cups pecan, finely chopped
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 T butter, melted
2 cups flour, minus 3 tablespoons
1/2 tea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 Butter an 8x10" pan

Pulse pecans in a food processor until they are small pieces, add sugars and pulse a few more times until mixed, add butter and pulse until mixed. Set aside.

You can do this by hand also and break the pecans up with a rolling pin in a zip lock bag, I am not able to use a rolling pin yet so I used the food processor. 

Beat  butter and sugar together until well blended. Add eggs and blend until mixture is smooth, add vanilla and sour cream, mix until blended.
Blend in flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda just until mixed, do not over beat.
Spread half the batter in prepared pan, sprinkle half the nut mixture on top of the batter, carefully so you do not disturb the crumb mixture add remaining batter and smooth to cover crumbs. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top and press down lightly.

Bake for 30-35 minutes until pick comes out clean.

No comments: