Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Cherry Chocolate Chunk Scones

Before being baked
My youngest gave me this scones recipe. He was looking for a soup recipe and told me if I sent him one he would send me a scones recipe. The base can be used for any flavor but he said he likes the cherry and chocolate.
While I was at Trader Joe's I was grabbing a jar of dark cherries in light syrup and then right next to it I seen a small jar of cherries in a thick syrup and had to get it and try it out.
As I was pouring the syrup into a bowl it got me thinking of another recipe I will be making it.

Preheat oven to 400

Lemon Poppy seed, Scone, Banana Nut bread
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
8 ounces KerryGold butter, frozen and grated   
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
2 T half and half

Mix flour, sugar and baking powder and knead in frozen grated butter. Mix eggs, sour cream and half and half in a bowl. Fold into dry ingredients.
Place dough on a lightly floured surface knead lightly 4-6 times. Pat into a circle and cut into about 1 inch thick.
Transfer to a lined cookie sheet and chill over night in the refrigerator, you can just add the bowl of mix dough in the refrigerator and shape them in the morning, but I am setting up a coffeebar in the morning for church and this will save me time if I do it all today then just pull them out and put in the oven.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until pick comes out clean.

Give them a try and let me know what you think. I am thinking about making a lemon poppy seed, or cranberry, blueberry the possible are endless.

Enjoy.

No comments: