Thursday, October 30, 2008

I love the rain







Well we don't get a lot of rain here in Santa Cruz. I love the rain and not that we have this pellet stove it is really nice to start it up and stay warm while I listen to the rain. So today I thought it would be nice to make some homemade chicken noodle soup. David does not like Chicken Noodle soup, I told him can and homemade taste so different to give it a try. Well I was right, he liked it.

2 1/2 cups wide egg noodles
12 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup water
3 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
DIRECTIONS
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine broth, salt, and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in celery and onion. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes. Add pasta and cook about 6-8 minutes
In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly. Heat through.

I thought I would add a picture of our very spoiled dog also, she won't go outside if it rains no matter how bad she has to go to the bathroom. She is getting old and has arthritis so the

cold is hard on her, hopefully the pellet stove will help keep her warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww....Mia!