Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sugared nuts

I seen this recipe and thought it would be something easy to try. I assume it is good because when I looked in the pot it was not as full as I thought it was when I started out, to find my husband would take some each time he walked by. :o) The kids seem to like them also.















Crock Pot Sugared Pecans or Walnuts


16 ounces pecans or walnut halves
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

Turn slow cooker to HIGH about 15 minutes in advance. In hot slowcooker, stir together the nuts and butter. Add the powdered sugar,stirring to blend and coat evenly. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15minutes. Reduce the heat to LOW and remove lid; cook, uncovered,stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 hours, or until the nuts arec
oated with a cr
isp glaze.Transfer the nuts to a bowl.In another small bowl, combine the spices; sift over the nuts,stirring to coat evenly.Let cool before serving.







No comments: