Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chicken Macaroni Casserole

I figure I better add some of these family favorites here before I lose the recipe. I went to add my Taco Soup recipe and could not find it. The weather is so cold here I am thinking of soups for dinner.












2 T butter
1/4 cups flour
2 cups light cream
1 1/2 to 2 cups chicken broth, divided
1 pound Velveeta, cubed.
2 boxes (7 oz each) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained.
3 cups cubed cooked chicken
salt and pepper

In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until combined. Add cream and 1 1/2 cups brother all at once. Stir until smooth. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; add the cheese and stir until melted. Stir in macaroni, chicken, salt and pepper. Add additional broth if needed. Pour into 3-qt baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until heated through.


No comments: