Saturday, July 24, 2010

Turkey Turnover

I warned you all I was going to be adding a lot of old recipes on here.
I like to make these and freeze them with the leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.

You can make your own pastry dough or buy pre made pie crust.
I like to make smaller ones but this recipes is for one large one. I like to make them and freeze them and pull them and bake as needed.
Preheat oven to 425

pastry for 1- 9" single pie crust
2 T soft butter
1 cup cooked turkey, diced or shredded.
1/3 cups sliced green onions
2/3 cups sliced celery
1/3 cups sour cream
1 T Dijon mustard

Combine turkey, onions, celery, sour cream and mustard in a bowl. Spread mixture over half the crust one inch from the edge. Fold unfilled half over the filled have and crimp edges. Cut three slashes on top and bake for 20 minutes.

I guess it helps to tell you what to do with the butter. Just melt it, use it to seal up edges and brush on top of crust about half way though cooking.

No comments: