Friday, July 23, 2010

Spicy Pumpkin Loaf

I hate to admit this but this is the first thing I ever really learned to make good so I use to bring it to pot-luck all the time. I think people started getting sick of it.

6 eggs
4 1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 large can solid pumpkin
5 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 T. baking soda
1 T allspice
1 T cinnamon
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
3/4 cups raisins

In a 6qt bowl bowl lightly beat eggs add sugar, oil and pumpkin. Mix well. In another bowl stir together flour,baking soda, salt and spices add to pumpkin mixture and mix until blended. Stir in walnuts and raisins and spoon into greased pans. bake at 350 until tooth pick comes out clean about and hour and ten minutes. I cannot remember how many this makes but from the flour amount I would guess at least 4 loaves.

No comments: