Friday, July 23, 2010

Lemon Loaf

Years ago, over 26 years ago, I made this Lemon bread and it was so good. I have thought about this bread off and on for the past 5 years or so.
Well I am going through some of my very old note books I had written recipes in when I just started cooking. That was about two years after I was married. I had no idea how to cook when I first got married. I was only 16, I could make a killer steak and burger because I worked at a steakhouse but anything else I was clueless.

Here is the recipe for the bread and once I am done with this detox I am on I plan on making it and I will post pictures. If you try it let me know what you think and send me a picture, I am on facebook also so come look me up.

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tea baking powder
1/2 tea salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 tea grated lemon peel

Stir together flour, salt, baking powder and salt
Beat eggs, oil, milk and lemon peel. Add liquid mixture to flour mixture and stir until blended.
Pour patter into a greased and flour loaf pan.
Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or when a tooth pick comes out clean when tested.
When loaf is done and while still warm use a long skewer and poke holes all the way to the bottom of loaf, pour hot glaze over loaf letting it soak in slowly, let cool in pan on a rack 15 minutes. Turn onto rack and let cool completely.

Glaze

4 T lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.

No comments: